We are looking for a Story/Script Writer for an action RPG (Role Playing Game) that we are currently developing, which we hope that you as writer would bring life and emotion to the story. The game will have visual novel style, where chosen actions/choices will affect certain outcomes. Ideal writer would be if you are a fan of or familiar with RPG or fictional fantasy settings
• A fictional adventure fantasy game based on medieval settings, which is similar to Final Fantasy, Dragon Age, Baldures Gates, Elder Scrolls and similar titles. However the story would be a more simplified version of the above named game with our own version of story and vision for the game.
• The Story Style: Slightly dark (gothic) and Sad (touching but with some funny moment)
• You are required to prepare the storyboard based on basic character descriptions and story plot. Basic settings and background will be given. Story centered in a numerous of settings which our heroes (the main playable character and his/her companions) will progress throughout the game. We will be heavily emphasizing on the heroes developments and these characters are part of the “world” (not just some characters thrown into the world). We want to make characters 'real' and stronger players attachment.
• There will be 3 selectable character class (e.g. Fighter, Wizard, and Rogue) which each class will have its own introduction setting/story and there will be 8 different companion which each of the hero has its own class (e.g. defender, healer, sorcerer, etc) and personality.
• The story you come up with will be told through quests in the game. There should be a fair number of “main” quests which the player must complete in order to progress to next settings. You should insert approximately 35 other sub quests and 16 companion quests. You can make chain quests that suit your story.
• Although not finalized yet, the entire story should be taking place in 1 kingdom (Country) which has 5 different States. We will be focusing only mainly on 1 State (which has 4 main districts and 3 different locations each districts) and 2 other sub states (only but only include 1 district each and 2 locations each).
• The scripts should have around 20 chapters (including the introduction chapter), and the character could evolved (or leveled up) to level 40. There will be approximately 40 unique monsters names and descriptions for those monsters. The monsters will be referenced in the quests you write.
Please take note that although you will be responsible for the entire scripts, the entire story will not be fall upon you alone as we will be contributing to the story and character together. Rather than standalone, you will be working as a team.
You're welcomed to bid more than the budget if you feel your work is worth more. Please send examples of previous related works. Those without any past work or profile, but you think you can do this, please send me a sample story that you can come out with. The evaluation would be based on your writing style and the depth of your story telling.
Any further questions, I'll be happy to answer via PM.