Require assistance completing the below Counselling Assignment, For anyone experienced in the field should be simple project
Conduct a mock Career Development counselling sessions with someone pursuing dual aspirations in life. Both sessions must be observed by an independent party (this person is not to interact in the sessions in any way). At the end of each session, debrief with the observer.
It is a good idea to tape the sessions to help with your self analysis (The videos do not need to be submitted). The sessions should be sequential, and demonstrate your ability to support an athlete through a career development process.
Compile an analysis of approximately 2500 words, drawing on the feedback from observer and client and also your own self evaluation.
• As an introduction, prepare a 500 word response to the question 'Why is it important for elite performers to pursue dual aspirations?'
• Details of the case study. Detail the key influences and factors impacting on the situation, drawing on relevant literature
• Details of how you integrated the principles of Post Modern Career Development
• Self-analysis - the effectiveness of the role you played, strengths & soft spots, insights gained from the debrief, would you approach anything differently next time and why?
• Attach copies of the evaluations.
The focus of this report is on self-analysis. It is asking you to reflect on the sessions and analyse the role you played and the impact you had on the session. Be careful not to spend too much time simply reviewing the session content. This assignment is looking for an in depth self-analysis.
Draw on your readings to support and strengthen your discussions.
Students will be marked against the following criteria:
• Ability to construct a logical and original argument that is supported by references
• interpretation and elaboration of key themes within the topic
• depth of self-analysis
• application of the theory within the context of the elite performance environment
• writing style and essay structure.
Ask the observer to note their impressions to the following questions for each interview:
• Who did you perceive to be leading the session - client or counsellor?
• What specifically gave you this impression?
• Which questions/comments seemed to prove most useful to the client? (or generated stronger rapport)
• Did any questions/comments detract from the counselling session?
• What learning did you notice the client develop through the session?
• Give your general impressions of the interview.
Ask the client to complete the following questions:
• How did you feel throughout the process?
• Are there any questions/comments that you can remember the counsellor saying, that helped clarify or validate your story?
• Are there any questions/comments that you can remember the counsellor saying that were unhelpful or non-productive to the final outcome?
• Summarise the key learnings and feelings you raised
• Give your overall impressions of the interview
• What were your initial impressions? Detail your strengths & soft spots.
• Summarise the key learnings and feelings discussed.
• After the feedback from client & observer what additional insights did you gain?
• What would you do differently?
• Discuss your overall impressions.
* After viewing the videotape, did you gain any additional insights