I need an application for the Livescribe Pen that has the following functionality:
1. When the patient walks into the clinic, the front office personnel will hand the patient the Livescribe Pen and a paper called "Medical History Form". See attached sample of medical history form.
2. The Patient will update their demographics (address, etc.) by writing on the form and also will "check" boxes on the Medical History Form that are appropriate to identify what problems or symptoms they have for this visit, or what historical problems that are chronic issues.
3. The form will have sections that allow the patient to check a box called "None Apply" to indicate that all symptoms of that category are "negative".
4. Once the Livescribe Pen is synched in its cradle, the data will transfer to the sequel database of the Practice Management System or EMR (electronic medical record). This will save the front office time scanning paper into their system as well as populating the correct data base fields. There will need to be some time working with the Practice system to link to the database.
5. If the patient comes back to the clinic for another visit, the front office personnel should be able to reprint the form with the previous answers. The patient should be able to make changes that are necessary. The pen would be synched again to the database.
I would like to know if i would need a web server that would store the data and then send to the sequel database, or if the data can be sent directly from the pen to the sequel database.