I'm looking for a real time camera based OCR solution. I have three major requirements in this hardware project.
1. I want the camera to be able to pan over text and perform image stitching after a trigger button is pressed.
2. After the trigger button is released, the device should be able to identify characters and digits in the stitched image.
3. A fast and efficient algorithm to perform the above two functions and return recognized characters on the serial bus.
Few other details include
1. The camera should be approximately 30-50 mm away from the text, so low focal length
2. You are open to use hardware modules of your own choice, but also suggest low energy solutions (embedded systems)
3. The embedded systems, electronics and camera should be able to fit in a handle held device.
Further details can be discussed in the email.