For manipulating our product file, we will need to first export it from our online store. However, our online store is not capable to export the data in a correctly sorted manner.
This project is about creating an Excel macro that converts an unsorted product file from a given format in Excel (Source file) to an alphabetically sorted format also in Excel (Output file). Below is important notes for sorting the products correctly:
• Each product may have one or more lines of data. Let’s call these lines a “Post”. In the attached excel file, I have marked a few product posts in the beginning of the file with light and dark blue. The column A (Produktnummer” defines which lines belong to the same product post. For example:
o the first product has the product number KV00-C034 and is defined by lines 2 to 15, (as all these lines have the same value in their “Produktnummer column”).
o And the second product has the product number 5725 and is defined by lines 16 to 18.
• The posts must be sorted according to following:
o First sorting criteria is according to column J, “Produktgruppens namn”. For example, all products that have the value “Canvastavlor” must be sorted so that they appear in the beginning of the product file. And all products that have the value “Fototapeter” must be sorted so that they appear after all “Canvastavlor” products (because F comes after C). And so on.
o The second criteria is according to column K, “Undergrupp nivå 1”. This means for example within “Canvastavlor” products are sorted according to the value in column K.
• When the posts (products) are sorted, all lines in a post must remain together and in the same order. In fact, no change at all, is permitted within a product post. An entire post, unchanged, must be sorted. No sorting within the post itself.
• You need to have strong knowledge in Excel and writing codes for macro to be able to perform this task.
• The macro must allow to brows and select the source file. The output file must be saved with a new filename in the same folder as the source file.
• Our excel file is in Swedish language and all the Swedish language characters must remain correctly intact in the sorted file.
• I have uploaded a sample for the source file. The full file can have more than 100, 000 lines.
• If you require more details than this document to be able to perform the task, and to avoid lengthy chats, we might need to share screens in one or more online meetings to discuss your questions.