you would create a totally different arena file for each listed number here. (Total of 6 files)
1. Using the data of the three distributions in the MS Excel file attached, identify each distribution and their parameters using Arena's Input Analyzer. (AIA)
You will need to save each worksheet as tab separated text file before uploading to AIA.
with the findings Include tables and graphics as you see fit in a word document.
2. Create a model in Arena where entities are created with exponential distributions, and the servers (2 of them) process the entities with triangular distributions with low value of 0.5, mode of 1.0 and high value of 1.5. Run the model for a short time (200 entities at least) and submit a single PDF report of resources utilization.
3. Create an Arena model, a single type of entity with Time Between Arrivals (TBA) of 1 minute exponentially distributed.
The entities enter a process where it takes 20 seconds to grab a pallet. There are 5 pallets in the system. Then they go to another process where they wait for one of two machine tools to process them. The process time is normally distributed with average of 1 minute and standard deviation of 0.1 minute. Then they go to another process where they release the pallet. Releasing the pallet takes 20 seconds.
The entities then enter an inspection system that takes 10 seconds to process them and 90% of them pass terminating their cycle. Ten percent have to return to the beginning of the cycle where they can get the pallet again to be processed.
Run the simulation model and report on pallet and resources utilization on a professionally formatted PDF file
4. Repeat the Arena assignment from number 3 above, but instead of using the Process module from the Basic Process Tab, use exclusively Seize, Delay and Release from the Advanced Process Tab.
5. Consider a manufacturing facility which has an entry door. The distance from the entry door to a first machine (Machine A) is 10 meters. The distance to the second and third machines (Machines B and C) from the first one is 10 meters too. Machine B is reached from Machine A through a conveyor that advances at 0.3 meters per second. Machine C is reached with a lift truck that with a speed of 1 meters per second. The exit door is 20 meters from B and C which is reached by conveyor and lift-truck respectively.
Two types of entities arrive to the system. Entity type 1 uses Machines A and B. Entity type 2 uses machines A and C. Twice as many entities of type 1 as type 2 enter the system in the long run. Create a model that uses the bottle neck of the system at 80% utilization.
6. Use the model created in number 5 and animate the entire system. (how it would realisticly look in a real world environment, road, truck, person, workstation etc)