We are looking for a reliable part-time bookkeeper, to perform basic bookkeeping in our firm during normal business hours. We are looking for someone to work three days per week. Hours will vary, depending on the season, with potential for additional hours if interested.
The Bookkeeper will complete bookkeeping functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll. Assist with various accounting duties as needed and as qualified.
Job Duties of the Bookkeeper:
• Maintain accurate accounting records of all donations, pledges and cash receipts and maintain monthly reconciliations with development team.
• Responsible for tracking organizational spending against restricted funds.
• Oversee processing of accounts payable, including seeking approval for invoices and cash disbursements, coding and data entry of invoices, printing checks, and maintenance of vendor files.
• Reconciliation activities.
• Assists staff with accounting inquiries and issues.
• Processes bi-weekly payroll and trimester variable compensation payments.
• Records lease payments from lessees, and payments to lessors, and communicates information to stakeholders.
• Maintenance of records.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• 2+ years of bookkeeping experience required. Experience in accounting for non-profit organizations preferred.
• Demonstrated competence managing, monitoring, and reconciling fiscal records.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting rules and regulations governing recordkeeping and fiscal management.
• Demonstrated competence using accounting software (double-entry system preferred), as well as spreadsheet, word processing, and e-mail software. Microsoft Office Excel and Word are preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in 10-key data entry.
• Highly organized and efficient with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Flexibility and ability to work well in a team environment.
Compensation is based on experience and skill level. For consideration, please submit cover letter and hourly salary requirements to use. Thank you!