Objective - Derive average rental rates of different radar areas
More details -
Find average rental/buy rates of an radar area given 2 datasets - 1) rental/buy rates by locality (excel file) and 2) boundaries of localities in a shapefile.
A radar area is circular area around a lat long point. It might be encompass one or more localities.
Find out the area of different localities within radar . Use this area to weight average the rental rates to derive new rental rate for radar.
1. rental/buy rates by locality (excel file)
2. boundaries of localities in a shapefile
3. lat long points - a) locality centers and b) property lat longs
For eg -
1. a radar area X has do localities A & B overlapping it.
2. Find out X intersection A = Xa and X intersection B = Xb.
3. Ra = rental rate of locality A, Rb = rental rate of locality b
4. New rate = (Ra*Xa+Rb*Xb)/(Xa+Xb)
Output - find radar area for all locality centers and properties using different radius combinations