I run an online boutique that sells exotic wear, which is made very similarly to swimwear. We use mostly spandex (many different textures including regular, latex look, velvet, sequins etc.)
I've attached a few photos of the type of work we make.
I am seeking a few seamstresses to hopefully work with on a long term basis.
We are currently transitioning to creating our own patterns/ producing most of our own inventory, so that we have a higher degree of control over quality and sizing.
The scope of our inventory is going to be huge, so things will be made to order. We are looking to hire seamstresses to work 10-20 hours per week as needed on these made to order items.
We also release a huge selection of one of a kind releases once a month, so this is another thing you'd be working on.
We will provide all patterns and fabric.
Open to paying for work per hour, or per piece.
TO QUALIFY YOU SHOULD:
- have experience sewing and working with many textures/types of spandex fabric
- have your own industrial sewing machine(s) and surger
- have availability of 10-20 hours per week
- be able to complete work in a timely manner and communicate clearly
- NOT REQUIRED BUT HELPFUL to be in the Northern NJ/NYC area (within 90 minutes of Essex County NJ)
- we provide all fabric and can provide patterns if necessary
- we pay per piece, price per set/piece is agreed before making
We look forward to hearing from you!