Develop a small, embeddable Flash-based widget that displays the products (and category titles) at [url removed, login to view] as a series of clickable images displayed for n seconds (default=5) with a dissolve transition between each. Each product should be displayed with name and price overlaid on the product image. Clicking the image will launch a new web page that goes directly to that product.
- Widget should be similar in quality and dimensions to the widget developed by www.finetune.com. Open a playlist for a specific user and click play to see the widget in action. Note the smooth movement of the album covers, the subtle text overlays.
- The widget should automatically rotate through the products at [url removed, login to view], one at a time.
- The widget background will be white in color (like the background of [url removed, login to view]).
- If the widget/product is clicked, anywhere in the widget, a new web page is launched and directed to that exact product on the [url removed, login to view] site.
- After the default viewing period (5 seconds), the image should dissolve quickly to white, then the new product should fade in from white. The transition should be fast (under 1 second).
- Each product image should appear with the logo "Violet" at the top-right corner of the window, and the product name and price near the bottom, clearly legible.
DATABASE: AMAZON S3
- The widget should not poll or access [url removed, login to view] directly (this would create crippling traffic to the site).
- Instead, the images and text should be pulled from a database stored at Amazon's S3 (Simple Storage Service). The client will pay for this account, needless to say, but the product should be staged on a text account of some kind.
- This S3 database should be updated each night from 3-5am EST using a separate process that must also be developed (PHP scraper app? Other S3 tools?).