We have a working Google Ad Manager Small Business account which serves ads on our website (Sitecore CMS) but the business requires us to move away from our current header bidding partner to a direct campaign only solution managed in house.
Things to consider:
- Asynchronous loading, Single Request Architecture, SafeFrame and html5 sandbox
- Responsiveness with desktop/mobile breakpoints
- We use standard ad sizes serving in different ad slots in a handful of page types
- Targeting is done with key values therefore ad units correspond to the different ad slots and not pages
- A script which will ‘toggle on’ ad units according to which ads should appear on the page (and not all units), saving time on page load and ad calls