I am making 2nd part of this game: [url removed, login to view] which should have professional vector graphics.
The second part takes place on the Moon. Your task as artist is to draw objects which will fill up the Moon levels.
See attached archive. [url removed, login to view] contains the list of 50 sprites to do, of wich 40 are already specified and 10 are still open to discussion (ideas are welcome). Most of the sprites must have black contour (because when the UFO collides with them it crashes and dies), there are also a few (like stars and galaxies) which are just background and should have no black contour.
Also in the archive attached is the whole set of images used in 1st part and the new animations for the main character in the 2nd part. So, your images for the second part should be stylistically related the new main character.
Requirements to you:
- you have an Android 2.1 device or higher
- you know how to install apps on it and play games on it
- you can show examples of animations you did for any game (not necessarily a smartphone one), be it a released game or just some images/portfolio
If you don't have an Android or can't show any animations you did for a game, I won't accept your bid.
- all graphics must be done using vector authoring tool (AI, inkspace or other)
- you need to save all images in 4 various sizes (see in [url removed, login to view]) with the same name but in different folders ("mdpi", "ldpi", "hdpi", "xhdpi").
- for sprites with an animation (there are a few) you need to make a "sprite strip" - just a few pngs of the same size put together in a horizontal row in one big png.
- vector files for all sprites, with file names the same as of png files (e.g. [url removed, login to view])
- 4 folders named "mdpi", "ldpi", "hdpi", "xhdpi" containing 50 png files each, with the same names <- you will just have to render out the same vector file 4 times in different size into 4 folders.
- first of all, download the 1st part of the game and play thru 10 levels to see what the game is about
- you will deliver graphics in small chunks so that we could deal with any technical or stylistic issues before you do lots of images to minimize the amount of work which needs to be corrected/redone
- after each chunk you send to me i will make a build of the game for Android and send it to you so that you could see how the images look inside the game. They do look differently than on PC!
- ideally we can organize remote desktop access so that i could install Eclipse on your computer so that you could build the game yourself to immediately see how to the images look on the device.
Any ideas about gameplay or anything in the game are welcome. Your name will be in the credits, so it's also in your own interest to have a good published project in your portfolio!
Please read the project first and write the word "Understood". Also write your steps and suggestions to complete the project with a short description of what you understood.