Need a design for the site of a small academic publishing. They publish magazines + 2-3 books / year. Their field - philosophy of antiquity and similar. Design needs to match this.
[login to view URL] - designless draft. It has the required structure (more below), cover images will help you to get the idea of the theme (it's in Russian, in Chrome right-click and "translate to English" to get even better idea from magazine titles).
- Design only project (end-result = graphic files)
- Preference to individual freelancers (versus companies)
Design can be very simple as long as the theme fits, still, it has to be clean/nice. They don't have a proper logo. Draft site has that bad quality depiction of Aquilon (Roman god of the North Wind) from their old site. If you can and think it will work, you may create cleaner replication or even your own version of this image + may be text Aquilopress (their name) underneath for a logo; Or we can forget about logo, only write Aquilopress in text, and use some decorative illustration / collage / background for the entire header. Big blocks (Periodicals and Books) on the homepage are pretty sparsely filled, while being in the very focus - you may apply more decoration there, or not. It's up to you how exactly to go about this, as long as it looks good and matches the subject. Your design ideas welcome, you are welcome to share them and your thoughts on the project in your bid. If you have questions, don't hesitate to message me.
Site elements (present by the link), to help you estimate the work:
- header with logo/title/contacts,
- 2-level menu
- footer with copyright/disclaimer/contacts
also, you'll need to control/guide me (as developer) regarding formatting (proper margins/font-size etc) so that all contents of the site would have design touch, and nothing ruins the style:
- standard content (title + text with image) - help define proper margins/font-size
- contact form (on [login to view URL]) - field sizes, margins, button placement
- news (on the news page and in latest news block) (date/title/announce), sizes and margins for standard blog chronological navigation
- page of the book/magazine/issue
There are 2 types of things they publish: books and periodicals (magazines)
book's page (example: [login to view URL]) is:
- a cover image,
- description text, editors etc.
- link to PDF or the entire text right on the page
magazine page is similar:
- a cover image
- description text
- list of issues
their old issues are each in single PDF, those will just link to PDFs from the list
but for the new ones they want to be able to have individual page on the site for every article
therefore there is an issue page (example - this dummy issue #65: [login to view URL]):
- cover image
- content (list of articles)
each article in the list is either just title (if no content available), or a link to either PDF or a standard page
- index of books [login to view URL] and zines [login to view URL]
each book represented by image + author + title, mag - by image + title + links to N last issues
- Homepage has the short versions of those indexes - two blocks in the center, Periodicals and Books.
- matching design for a simple standard button that will open menu on mobile + font-size/margins/color etc. for that menu
Thank you for your time and thank you for your bids.