We're a small but growing company in the greeting cards industry. We're looking to hire someone to create new greeting card designs of various style and expand our existing product line.
This will definitely be a long-term cooperation, at least 1+ year, provided that you're the right person.
Here is who we're looking for:
- You already have experience designing greeting cards, post cards or closely related design works. You have created multiple designs for printing
- You have skills and experience in typography and your portfolio shows it (HUGE PLUS)
- You are a highly creative person
- You are PROACTIVE and willing to do your own research for new patterns, stock image bundles, and anything that might be helpful for you to QUICKLY come up with new card designs
- You are a highly organized designer that's able to meet the deadlines without compromising on quality
- You can write and read English well
- You are highly available and responding on Slack channel within 12h (ideally within 6h)
Please note that preference will be given to applicants in East Asia zone (HK Time +/- 3 hours), although people from all time zones are welcome.
- 25 - 30 greeting card designs, 5" x 7" folded (front side only, back side is white). The printing technique will be full color printing only without any emboss, glitter, or other effects.
We need the designs to be unique and original, but we don't need you to provide masterpieces from scratch (from 0). This is not Hallmark or Papyrus. You should look at the cards that are already on the market (Google Images, Greeting Card Websites, Amazon) and take INSPIRATION from them to come up with unique cards. Combine different ideas and give them a new twist. You should not be copying the cards that are already out there. You can use elements from stock images, be it free or paid. You can also look for stock image bundles, these can be a great deal - at just couple of dozens of dollars you can get hundreds of elements in different styles that you can incorporate in your card designs. Of course creating your own vectors is also strongly encouraged.
For any stock images and elements/bundles we will set out a budget of about $50 maximum.
You will have relatively free creative independence with regards to concept, idea, design style, and content - as long as they're free from any content that could be considered insulting. You will work alongside another freelancer who will later (after you design) provide the text for the inside messages of the cards.
We're looking for a relatively quick delivery time: 7-10 days
Towards the end of the project you will also help modify the existing packaging design from a previous set of cards and apply some new style to it.
I will likely also have some smaller side projects for you that will be paid separately, such as designing a product insert, gift card, etc.
Again, this is for an ongoing cooperation and if we work smoothly then I will have a new project like this for you every month or so (as the business is growing I will likely have more and more, e.g. 2 or 3 in a month).
Please answer all of the below questions when applying:
1) Please include links to your previous relevant work.
2) What timezone are you in? Are you planning on traveling during the next 1 month? How about 2 months?
3) Do you have suggestions to make this project run successfully?
4) Do you have any questions about the job description?
5) What past project or job have you had that is most like this one and why?