You're on a deserted island dancing on a table made out of empty match boxes, droplets of icing sugar are hanging off of a purple palm tree that talks. The tree looks up at you and says: "blue houses tend to have better isolation"
A. Run away
B. Lick some of the icing off of the palm tree
C. Engage the tree in a lengthy conversation
D. You start sketching
B,C & D's, please read on.
Answered A? That's fine we're not interested in you either.
Now imagine this:
You're on a train doodling away. At the next stop somebody sits next to you who also starts drawing, you can't help but peek over his/her shoulder and see amazing art.
A. Get back to your own artwork and think he/she probably has smelly feet
B. Comment on the quality of work and proudly show your own sketches
C. Ask him/her to marry you and live happily ever after
B & C's please read on.
The final story:
You have been sweating away on some awesome art pieces for a game that we are producing. When you present them to the team you get a bunch of feedback and not all of it is positive.
A. Defend your vision with a passion and refuse to budge
B. You welcome the feedback of others as you believe that cooperation and clear communication leads to better art
If you answered B please read on.
*we realize that A has been the bad guy all along so if you figured out how to play this system, congratulations. Although we appreciate people who have a healthy disrespect for simple rules, you will be judged on your work more than anything else so proceed with caution.
Who are we?
We are a distributed team of seriously talented designers, producers and developers that creates up to 10 new original IP projects per year. We passionately hate arbitrary rules like 9 to 5 or wearing clothes. We believe that when working artistically and intellectually you should be measured on what you deliver and your work ethic to the rest of the team.
What are we looking for?
- You are an amazing digital artist with a wide variety of styles
- You are addicted to digital and use your apps to continuously push the boundaries of what they can do
- You work as a freelancer and are looking for long term contracts
- You say what you do and do what you say
- You thrive working under a general direction and are comfortable making decisions to push projects forward
What we offer:
- A (paid) trial project to see if your work kicks ass and if you click with the team
- A full time retainer deal if we're all happy after the trial project
- Awesome colleagues and tons of freedom
- A constant stream of new, interesting and original game concepts
Interested in giving us a go? Please send us a quick write up why we should hire you and don't forget to include some examples of your awesome art.