I have written a book in Word that I am about to publish on Amazon. Because the formatting and interior design is not very good, I need you to format it so that it looks and feels like a "real" book.
The book is about 88,000 words long and I expect it will come out at around 250-300 pages in it's 5.5" x 8.5" paperback format. I'd like to be able to get the book formatted for Kindle as well if possible.
I don't really know the specifics of what the interior design should consist of, but here are some considerations:
- What font combinations would you use? I've used Minion Pro and Crimson Text myself and I think it looks quite good, but do you have another suggestion?
- Where do you stand on widows and orphans?
- Improved paragraphing
- Proper hyphenation and justification
- Proper running heads. What do you suggest?
- Front matter page. I can provide you with the copy required for this page.
- Table of contents
- At the end there is a special offer that will require formatting of it's own. Should just be 1-2 pages of smaller type.
That should give you enough to go on. If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask. I don't want to award this to someone who auto-bids, so please include "Shakespeare" somewhere in your proposal.