Looking for a HIGHLY CREATIVE Graphic Designer to convert existing documents and presentations at a university into very aesthetically pleasing MODERN designs. These updated documents and presentations will then be used as a basis for online courses. Applicant should be passionate about graphic design and be able to present a vision for the final product.
Applicate must possess great creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality to create visually pleasing documents.
Experience with creating infographics and iconography is very desirable.
In addition, applicants must have strong writing and communication skills, and be comfortable and adept with learning additional programs and technologies.
• Ability to record requirements and clients needs for new documents
• Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
• Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
• Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
• Amend final designs to clients comments and gain full approval
• Work as part of a team
• Proven document designing experience and skills with a strong portfolio
• Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality to create visually pleasing documents.
• Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
• Up to date with industry-leading visual design and publishing software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
• Competent with MS Office Suite products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, & Powerpoint as well as the Google Suite of applications.
• Highly proficient in all design aspects
• Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
• Meticulous, accurate, and able to pay attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must have strong writing and communication skills;
• Maintain professionalism and the ability to work directly with different campus departments, faculty, teaching assistants, and others.
• Ability to handle highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality;
• Commitment to diversity and serving the needs of a diverse population.
• Ideally, significant experience designing documents and presentations, including course materials, in a university environment.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.