FezaPay is a transactional platform which is app based and convenient tool for informal traders to accept digital payments and for mobile money users to make digital payments without the need for a bank account.
FezaPay allow mobile money account users to buy without the need for cash just by linking their mobile money account with the FezaPay app and FezaPay allows informal traders to receive mobile money payments which mean now informal traders can have a digital payment solution which can create a credit record for informal traders so that they can access loans to expand their businesses and feel a sense of financial inclusion.
How does it work?
1. Must have a mobile money account.
2. Download FezaPay app.
3. Register on the app (cell phone number and ID number are essential).
4. FezaPay queries mobile money providers to check which mobile money account you have.
5. Then your mobile money account is/are linked with FezaPay.
How to do a transaction? (when the user is buying from a merchant with FezaPay)
1. Both user and merchant switch on FezaPay.
2. The user selects an option to make a payment/ Merchant selects an option to receive payment.
3. Both the user and merchant bump smartphones to do the transaction, this bumping of phones will result in the pairing of phones powered by NFC that will be built into the user's app and merchant's app.
4. A screen on the user's smartphone will appear with two options (Accept or decline)
the user selects to accept the transaction (this is when cash moves from the user's account to the merchant's account).
5. The transaction is done.