Description – Non Java Script Tag Management System
HTML/Pixel Tags used for Conversion and Tracking measurement are common requirements for advertisers, typically these and other tracking tags are housed within a container tag which allows one time deployment of code to a site with the ability to add/remove tracking tags as needed.
For security reasons some advertisers are reluctant to allow a Java Script based Tag Management Systems on secure pages or forms.
As such a non Java Script based Tag Management System is required which will conform to these security requirements.
The proposed Tag Managements System would need to do the following at minimum:
• Create a new container tag
• Record Data against the new container to help identify it later (Client, Campaign, Location/Page Name, Additional Information)
• Issue code for the newly created container tag to allow it to be deployed to a client’s site
• Find existing container tags using data recorded during creation
• Display code currently within container
• Add html call/pixel tag code to the container tag
• Remove code from the container tag
Additional features that are highly desirable but not necessary:
• Ability to Pause a tag (remove all code within the container but record what was there to allow easy reapplication)
• Ability to add code by type from a tag library and the tags ID number
• Ability to add/remove definitions to the tag library
The tag/code used as the container tag cannot use Java Script, as such modelling the solution around a 1x1 pixel which will then execute the code within the container is one possible solution however other methods welcome.
The Tag Management System will require a GUI that can either be application or web based and is laid out simply and clearly for ease of use ideally with all user interaction occurring within the same page/window.
To facilitate secure access a Username & Password login credential will be required with nominated administrators having the ability to add new users and change/reset passwords as needed.