Have you heard of the red paper clip challenge? A few years ago a man on the internet started out with a paperclip and successfully managed to swap/trade the paperclip, over many trades, to a house. Offering the paperclip for trade accepting a more valuable or interesting item then offering that new item for trade and repeating until he got to a house!
I am looking for a fairly simple website where I can offer items for trade, where people with items to offer can publicly post details of what they might offer and we can move from one item to another until we reach a choosen goal.
I'd like to be able to have multiple trading items on seperate pages and potentially the ability for others to log in and start their own journey of 'Trading up'.
The original "Red Paper Clip" happened like this;
1. On July 14, 2005, he went to Vancouver and traded the paperclip for a fish-shaped pen.
2. He then traded the pen the same day for a hand-sculpted doorknob from Seattle, Washington.
3. On July 25, 2005, he travelled to Amherst, Massachusetts, with a friend to trade the doorknob for a Coleman camp stove (with fuel).
4. On September 24, 2005, he went to California, and traded the camp stove for a Honda generator.
5. On November 16, 2005, he traveled to Maspeth, Queens and traded the generator for an "instant party": an empty keg, an IOU for filling the keg with the beer of the bearer's choice, and a neon Budweiser sign. This was his second attempt to make the trade; his first resulted in the generator being temporarily confiscated by the New York City Fire Department.
6. On December 8, 2005, he traded the "instant party" to Quebec comedian and radio personality Michel Barrette for a Ski-Doo snowmobile.
7. Within a week of that, he traded the snowmobile for a two-person trip to Yahk, British Columbia, scheduled for February 2006.
8. On or about January 7, 2006, he traded the second spot on the Yahk trip for a box truck.
9. On or about February 22, 2006, he traded the box truck for a recording contract with Metalworks in Mississauga, Ontario.
10. On or about April 11, 2006, he traded the contract to Jody Gnant for a year's rent in Phoenix, Arizona.
11. On or about April 26, 2006, he traded the year's rent in Phoenix for one afternoon with Alice Cooper.
12. On or about May 26, 2006, he traded the afternoon with Cooper for a KISS motorized snow globe.
13. On or about June 2, 2006, he traded the snow globe to Corbin Bernsen for a role in the film Donna on Demand.
14. On or about July 5, 2006, he traded the movie role for a two-story farmhouse in Kipling, Saskatchewan.
Ideally I'd like a page describing how and what the site is about, then a page that shows what is for trade and what has been traded allowing people to submit what they have to offer underneath including uploading images, allowing me to select the best of the bunch.
Something simple, there is no money changing hands, but contact details and information like that would need to be kept private.
Looking for something cool looking but at a good price, its a bit of fun that may not take off and the price needs to reflect that. It would also need to be something that a novice like me could manage and create and add to along the way.
Thoughts, ideas and input would be great. I've set this as a simple project but let me know what you think...
8 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình £539 cho công việc này