Short preview of routing app: [login to view URL]
Scope: Estimate Your Arrival Time, Route Planning (Plot, move and delete way-points with ease. Then the app will plan the best route based on the departure time, contour depths and boat settings).
I can deliver the depths into the following formats: ASCII, XYZ, DTM/DEM as digital terrain models or contours as shapefile
The web app technology stack will be chosen taken into consideration that there will be developed an iOS/Android app based on the webapp.
- Find my location
- Add points on the map in order to calculate the route on the sea (Plot, move and delete way-points with ease):
a) Click the map to set your start position or use current location
b) Click the map to set your end position
- Plot route (add points on the map and calculate the optimal route taking into consideration the boat's features)
- Remove a point (start point, to point, etc)
- Clear (remove the added from-to points on the map)
- Save (save the route) with the possibility to a) Share, b) Rename or c) Delete the route.
- Record track (use the phone location to track the boat's route and save it on Routes)
When adding start-end points, there will be a few options available:
- Preview route: directions view
- Exit preview: back to route
Settings: slider for the following options below
- Vessel: minimum depth (0.1 - 5.0 m)
- Engine: minimum speed to sail (1 - 15 knots), engine cruising speed (1-20 knots)
- Units: depth (metres, feet), Distance (nautical miles, miles, kilometres), boat speed (metres/sec), knots, miles/hour, kilometres/hour), fuel (litres, gallons),