We're currently looking for a Patternmaker and Sample sewer to help bring our designs to life. We prefer someone with at least 3-5 years of experience but are open to anyone who believes they may have the talent and skill to get the job done (recent College grads can apply!). This job requires someone with extensive attention to detail, garment construction, experience working/sewing with satin, silk, chiffon, cotton, linen, and single-needle work. You MUST have your own equipment and space to work. Los Angeles County ONLY! MUST have plus-size clothing experience. Fittings will be mandatory.
Job Duties will include
- Must have the ability to cut fabric and sew proto and production samples in your own location.
- Must be able to make professional-quality samples using the overlock machine.
- Ability to sew silks, chiffons, tulle, satins, cotton, linen, and rayons.
- Neat and clean sewing skills.
- Knowledge of high-end sewing finishes and techniques required, such as baby hems, bias bound to finish steams, french seam, flat-felled, and princess-seam.
- Create patterns to be used to produce the garment, either free-hand or with a computer.
- Create prototype patterns from design sketches, reference photos and measurements of the fit model
- Prepare the material to create the garment, including: measuring, placing marks, and cutting the fabric.
- Create the sample garment from patterns at a high-quality level that is acceptable for marketing.
- Gathering fabric for large ruffles.
- Grading is expected
- Must be detailed-oriented and able to manage a firm deadline.
- Posses strong construction, draping, and sewing knowledge.
- Create a pattern and samples in a timely manner.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Adjust patterns for next fitting
- Must have experience working in plus-size or understand plus-size clothing.
- Must be able to follow directions, be transparent with current work load and excellent communicator.