Hot Silicon Valley startup building a revolutionary relationship management tool for business networking is currently seeking a user acquisition guru to reach out to target customers and expand our user base by thousands.
What we’re looking for:
• Demonstrated track record growing the user base of internet companies or startups - i.e. took a company from 1000 users to 100,000 users with X dollars spent – or designing and executing on distribution strategies for these companies
• Experience marketing to and acquiring users from our target demographic. These are individual professionals in relationship-driven businesses such as executive recruiting, enterprise sales, business development, professional services, financial advisory and investment management, non-profit management, and small business owners / entrepreneurs. The key is that their career success is predicated on the strength of their business and personal network
• Experience using well-known online and social media marketing and tactics - i.e. Google Adwords / Analytics, Facebook Marketing, Twitter Marketing, etc and an understanding of the pros and cons and ROI of the different channels
• Experience hustling for users with less well-known, hands on means - i.e. getting links to go viral on Hacker News or Reddit, identifying and participating in forums or communities (i.e. professional networking groups, industry associations, LinkedIn groups), building relationships with members of the press and key influencers and getting them to evangelize the product
• Ability to commit substantial time over the next month – i.e. 10-20 hours a week
• Ability to back-up/quantify proven success with references, portfolio, price estimates, etc
• Excellent response time and communication skills.
Please also answer the following questions so we can learn a little bit more about your experience:
Tell us about a time in the last year that you successfully helped a company acquire users.
1) What did the company sell and to whom?
2) What were their marketing / user acquisition goals?
3) What tactics did you use and what were their rough costs (in time & money)?
4) What were your results?
Skills: Google Adwords / Analytics, Facebook Marketing, Twitter Marketing