Skills The VA Should Have
- Have great communication and willing to communicate daily, in detail
- Be proficient with basic online technology such as email, online communication tools like Skype or Google hangouts / chat, and using Google to find things
- Be very detail oriented and able to watch a video and implement based on what was taught
- Be timely and deliver projects on-time
Nice To Have’s:
- Experience with using Wordpress and able to edit content easily and quickly
- Experience with YouTube and uploading videos to YouTube and navigating the video settings
- Experience with the basics of SEO and keyword research
- Experience with real estate in some way
We’re looking for a smart, driven, and detail oriented person to help us with certain tasks in our online marketing for our real estate business. Mainly around SEO and video marketing.
Our main goal is to give our company better exposure online, rank our website higher, and leverage video as well.
We’re NOT looking for quotes from people who are the types who spam my email box daily with emails like “Guaranteed 1st Page Results” or other bogus claims… or people who are going to use any black or gray hat strategies on our websites… including spammy backlink building (you know who you are).
In fact, I would almost rather work with someone who isn’t an overseas “SEO” firm or VA who is going to bring your own strategies to our company… but someone who is tech savvy, knows their way around tools like Google Keyword Planner, Youtube, and Wordpress… and who is willing to learn our process and implement it (and willing to give us any feedback or ideas if you have ways you feel you can add value to our current process for better results).
What we ARE looking for is someone who is…
- Smart, driven, and detail oriented
- Able to take our instructions and training videos that we have on the SEO process we want to follow… go through those videos, and apply what is taught, and report back.
- Interested in challenges and helping us whoop our competition online (using our process we’ll train you via videos)
- Learning and growing new skills.
The types of things you’ll do…
- Submit our website to certain online directories per our process
- Help optimize our videos (and even create simple videos) in YouTube
- Help us build high quality honest back links to our website following our simple process
- Help drive some social media activity on our website (getting Facebook “likes”, G 1+s, etc.)
- Dive into Craigslist and help us prospect for real estate deals via our process each day
- And analyzing our competition from time to time as we go
The timeline on this project is 3-6 months, approx 2-10 hours per week.
If you’re able to provide a lot of value we can keep the hours up and make this a really good win for everyone involved!
**** NOTE: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE AN SEO PERSON TO DO THIS. WE’LL TRAIN YOU ****
If you’re interested, do the following…
1. Submit (or email) any samples of work you’ve done online. Have you setup your own wordpress site? Send me samples. Have you done any SEO successfully? How about any social marketing? Send me samples of any prior work (even if it’s for yourself) that will help me see the types of knowledge you already have.
2. Film a very short video talking about why you feel you’ll be perfect for this role and the skills you currently have that are a fit, plus the ones you are looking forward to improving by working on this project (I like [url removed, login to view] or just use the YouTube video record function) and include the link of the video with your email / message to me.
We’re looking to get started on this project within the next 14 days, so we look forward to connecting with you!