Budget: 4000 INR
Each is concerned with the development of protocols, which operate at different levels within the Internet of Things. Whichever task you work on, your work will take part in two stages.
Working as a group with others working on the same protocol, you will define the specifics of the protocol concerned (state diagrams, tokens, etc.) and produce a specification as a group. Each individual member of the group will submit the common document in their own portfolio, along with a short narrative detailing their part of the development.
Working individually, you will develop code to implement a part of the agreed protocol (for instance, the protocol component for a single actor) to run on the NodeMCU hardware or internet connected computers, as appropriate. If successful, the different implementations from different members of the group should work together.
The two protocols to be developed are based on two research papers. Successful implementations will be included as part of a further research paper, and the authors of those implementations will be credited as a joint author of the paper.
The protocols to be developed are:
1. The ‘Level Directed Graph’ sensor network building protocol, as outlined in attached paper A.
2. A protocol for Rights Management in the Internet of things, as outlined in attached paper B.
Your submitted portfolio, should consist of five parts:
The protocol specification that you developed with your group. This should include:
1. A brief introduction, which will specify the purpose of the protocol, and the lower level protocols (for example, UDP or HTTP) on which it depends and any reference documents.
2. A list of the actors in the protocol.
3. A definition of all dialogues within the protocol, including for each a textual description and a state diagram.
4. A specification of all symbols and tokens used within the protocol.
The size of the document for part one will be no larger than required to define the protocol. It will be written in a technical report style.
The group may submit a draft of Part One in week 7 of the module for formative feedback.
A reflective narrative, detailing your own part in the development of the protocol. This is a personal statement, and would usually be written in the first person. It should be no longer than 500 words.
This will be an individual report, detailing the design and implementation of the code for that you have written to implement the part of the protocol that you were working on. It should be no longer than 1000 words.
For part four of the portfolio, you should submit the code that you have written.
This is a group report about the testing of the protocol code produced by members of the group. It should be no longer than 1000 words.