Creator: L-3 MPRI Inc.
L-3 MPRI is developing a qualified sellers list for development of App described below, with the intention of sending a RFQ to qualified sellers no later than 9 May 2011.
Request for Quotation:
L-3 MPRI will be circulating an RFQ to qualified sellers. Criteria for award of this contract will be based on cost, expertise, performance, responsiveness (especially demonstrated ability to meet production deadlines), and communication skills. It is our desire to develop a long-term relationship with the awarded developer of this application and other product we are designing or considering.
U.S. Army Virtual Exhibit App - This app will be developed to maximize the exhibit experience for those attending an upcoming Trade Show Event of which the U.S. Army has a large presence.
This application will be created for iOS X compatible iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4 and for the iPad (1&2) In addition, a version written in HTML 5 for the Blackberry and Android platforms. Certain “features” may have to be excluded from the HTML 5 versions, that are present in the Apple version, due to limitations.
This app will be released via the itunes store for FREE as well as an HTML 5 Web site for viewing on Blackberry and Android Smartphones.
This App will include:
• Pathfinder Game that encourage exploration of major Army focus areas through check-ins at various Army booths positioned throughout the Event using a unique ID code or QRCode scan depending on the device capabilities. Points will be awarded and accumulate as the user visits other booths, completes a small survey, or shares their participation through social media outlets, and for visiting all of the booths in a set of exhibits that focus on one of the Army focus areas.
• Floor Plan of the Event that highlights all Army Exhibit at the Event as well as the capability to identify specific booths along a focus area related to the Pathfinder Game.
• Schedule of Events with the ability to set reminders on your mobile device calendar
• Exhibit Virtual Tour highlighting each of the zones that make up the exhibit.
• Videos from the Exhibit (Provided).
• Real-time Army News (leveraging existing [url removed, login to view] feeds)
• Subscriptions to Army professional publications (Point to publication Web pages)
• Links to Army Web sites (Link to [url removed, login to view] A to Z index) with the ability to send the link via email.
• Integration with Social Media outlets to spread the Army message while using the app.
• In-App analytics to measure and assess Army Communication Campaigns and Messages.
The Application will be able to update the schedule of events, news, links, etc. when opened or via an “update” call initiated by the user.
A full Statement of work (SOW) will be provided to qualified responders.
Please Note: The contractor’s primary role will be on the backend development of the application, leveraging on the design capabilities of MPRI Graphics Designers to create UI elements needed to complete the application. MPRI will provide production-ready files to the contractor that are created to agreed upon specs, in a timely manner.
iOS apps development using Objective-C
Expert in Java (Python and C/C++ are a plus).
Mac development expertise using Xcode
Vast experience with web architectures and services (HTTP, SOAP, REST, etc.)
Working knowledge of iOS SDK, Android and Blackberry SDK's
Advanced knowledge and past performance using HTML5/CSS3 implementations, emphasis use of these technologies to support/build a mobile website
Shared examples of your code on github/[url removed, login to view] code, apps on Marketplace and App Store.
Commission: None - Firm Fixed Price
Job Type: iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Android, HTML 5
Responses should include the following:
• Samples of your work that demonstrate relevance to this requirement.