We have developed an Android app based on an existing iPhone app that reads an RSS feed, filters by category, streams video and pinpoints various office geolocations.
1) The app works fine but runs and starts up rather slowly and now needs optimising, it currently loads the XML feed 3 times before putting into the internal database!!!
It needs to load the feed only once, and display each story sequentially after putting it in the database, rather than wait till all stories are processed before displaying anything.
2) Make sure refreshing the XML feed when new stories are published is fast, and only new stories are added to the database.
This may be unnecessary once (1) is done.
3) Needs to display a "Loading" toast message when it starts to download the feed, to be removed when displaying the first new item.
4) The text view needs to be updated to a web view so it can display images as well
(I have obj-c code showing how to parse the XML if that helps)
The current textview displays text and links correctly, it just needs converting to a web view so it can handle inline image tags contained the the XML feed
5) Video playback needs to be able to rotate full screen (currently only plays letterbox in portrait mode)
6) Needs to work as both the current Gingerbread version and be updated for ICS
7) Ensure the layout is dynamic and will work on different sized screens
8) Correct one of two typos in the static text
Full working source is available, and the app is available to download from Google.
We have had the work evaluated by an Android programmer and it's all quite simple to fix.
We are looking for a developer who is reliable and with great communications skills. Speed is far less important than meting deadlines and writing clean efficient code. We have complete translate from iPhone projects for the right developer.