We need programming in Java (must be cross-platform) for a simple 3D offline game. The game mechanics, 3D models and game mechanics will be provided or thoroughly explained, where applicable. The code itself is must be reusable, modular and well commented. Third-party game engines may be used, but they must be copyrighted under GPL. Also, the use of open, free IDEs are welcome. One such IDE would be Eclipse.
These are the features that must be implemented on the framework:
1. A splash screen containing a logo, an animation and background jingle.
2. A start game screen, containing the options: New Game, Load Game, Credits, Quit Game. The functionality for saving and loading multiple games must be implemented.
3. A 3D overview window with a palette of the tools available for the gamer (much like SimCity, Starcraft, Warcraft and Tycoon games). This is where most of the game will take place. The following game mechanics must be implemented (more details will be provided once the project's awarded):
a) Income system
b) Limited camera movement
c) Simple mouse interactivity - building placement, menu interactivity, scrolling around the map.
d) Natural events - random rainfall, flooding
e) Time - day & night, the 4 seasons
f) Badge system for in-game rewards, plus simple system to publish achievements to facebook and twitter
g) Further functionality will be added in the future, possibly to the same contractor
All props/resources for the game will be provided.
Deliverables for this project are:
1. Project files and source code
2. Java executables packed with Java run-time for distribution
Budget: 490 USD
If you've read this entire description, send me a private message with the following as the first sentence:
I AM NOT DOING BLIND BIDDING.
Also, make sure to cite at least two portfolio elements that show you have the skills and dedication to deliver.