I want some code that demonstrates the basic functions of a Java client talking to a Jetty server. So I need one or more very small Java client Apps and a simple Jetty servlet. All The code needs to use Jetty v7 and Cometd 2 or 2.1.
I'd like the code delivered as Eclipse project(s). The code must be well commented in English!
Java Client App(s) features
1. Add a new channel. Type in the name of the channel and create the channel on the server.
2. Remove a channel. Type in the name of an existing channel and remove the channel on the server. If the channel doesn't exist then display an error.
3. List all channels. Display a list of all current channels from the Server
4. Subscribe to a channel and receive messages which are sent to that channel. Type in the name of a channel and a username. If the channel doesn't exist then return an error.
5. Send a message to a channel. Type in the name of a channel and a message.
I think that 1,2, and 3 can be the same app, but I'm not sure if 4 and 5 need to be separate apps. I'm ok with 5 separate apps if that is quicker. The UI can be command line, console or gui, which ever is quickest to develop.
I've also one servlet developed using cometd which runs on the Jetty server and handles the Java client apps client requests.
Please indicate your experience with Jetty/CometD and how quickly you can deliver.