I'm in need of someone to assist with my project by putting together a level editor
based on one I found on the internet:
[url removed, login to view]
I need the following features, several of which are in the above level editor:
- Set grid size - grid size has a fixed width (but needs to be changeable in the code) and needs to have unlimited height in the map drawing section.
-- Every 2nd row of grid is offset by 1/2 a tile (doesn't affect JSON output) - I can explain this a bit more to the winning bidder (it gets moved over visually)
- Set tile size - tile size is fixed and won't change
- New map
- Edit existing map from file (JSON in format below)
- Save current map to file (JSON in format below)
- Map is loaded and saved to a file, but also JSON data is displayed for copy/paste ability.
- Eraser mode for removing tiles (press E) - same as above level editor
- Brush mode for adding tiles (press B) - same as above level editor
- There will be about 20 tiles to choose from.
- The user will also be able to select 2 tiles to go in the JSON array under the "tiles" title (please see below). This would also get loaded when a user loads the map.
- The user will also be able to select 1 background tile to go in the JSON array under the "background" title (please see below). This would also get loaded when a user loads the map.
It would work the same as the above level editor. The user
clicks on a tile in the panel, then can brush that tile on to the level. The user can then
save the JSON output to the server and view it in the browser window.
The JSON sample is below:
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0],
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0],
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
Thank you for looking! I hope to work with someone on this soon.