Hi! We need to create a Media Asset Managment software/application for multimedia files (mainly video files, audio & graphics files are bonus*). The MAM application will be installed on a dedicated server (no specification at the moment) in the office with internal/external storage. The complete operation/setup/administration of the MAM application will be done through browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome,... compatibility). The application should be accessed also from outside over the internet. Basic features of the application:
- complete operation through browser
- uploading of large video/audio (500MB or more)
- multiple file upload
- support of the latest audio/video formats (HDV, AVCHD, QuickTime, ProRes, Windows Media, MPEG-1/2/4, [url removed, login to view], AVI,...)*
- implementation of professional broadcast formats (need to discuss the rights with the formats manufacturer*)
- automatic generation of thumbnails (for example 4-5 thumbnails from a video) and low res video/audio preview
- description + taqs + metadata
- creating custom fields for files (like author, place, cameraman, place...)*
- fulltext search
- categories of files
- listing of files in categories or search results (by name, by date, by author, by format,...)
- complete user managment & rights (admin, editor, viewer,...)
- possibility to upgrade the system
- complete documentation
We have no preference of the used programming skills - the only preference is that the system must work ;-) Creation of the overall design & look of the system is welcome.
The uploading of files could look similar like uploading files on YouTube or Vimeo (while uploading the files user can edit the file info).
Features signed with * can be added in later stage or in version 2 which can be a separate project.