Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 and 2 for the original no longer has xbox live features enable, which makes online impossible. However PSO has an offline mode which still allows you to have full access to the game and all its features (minus xbox live).
Our goal is to resurrect PSO on the original xbox only, and either bypass the disconnected xbox live or create a private server from scratch enabling PSO once again online.
The voice feature is one of the many aspects we are trying to save in the online play, as well as online group play.
Technical specifications for the original xbox can be found here:
- CPU: 32-bit 733 MHz, custom Intel Pentium III Coppermine-based processor in a Micro-PGA2 package (though soldered to the mainboard using BGA). 180 nm process.
SSE floating point SIMD. Four single-precision floating point numbers per clock cycle.
MMX integer SIMD
133 MHz 64-bit GTL+ front-side bus to GPU
32 KB L1 cache. 128 KB on-die L2 cache
- Shared memory subsystem
64 MB DDR SDRAM at 200 MHz; in dual-channel 128-bit configuration giving 6400 MB/s
Supplied by Hynix or Samsung depending on manufacture date and location
- GPU and system chipset: 233 MHz "NV2A" ASIC. Co-developed by Microsoft and Nvidia.
Geometry engine: 115 million vertices/second, 125 million particles/second (peak)
4 pixel pipelines with 2 texture units each
932 megapixels/second (233 MHz × 4 pipelines), 1,864 megatexels/second (932 MP × 2 texture units) (peak)
Peak triangle performance (32pixel divided from filrate): 29,125,000 32-pixel triangles/s raw or w. 2 textures and lit.
485,416 triangles per frame at 60 frame/s
970,833 triangles per frame at 30 frame/s
8 textures per pass, texture compression, full scene anti-aliasing (NV Quincunx, supersampling, multisampling)
Bilinear, trilinear, and anisotropic texture filtering
Similar to the GeForce 3 Ti500 PC GPU in performance
- Storage media
2×–5× (2.6 MB/s–6.6 MB/s) CAV DVD-ROM
8 or 10 GB, 3.5 in, 5,400 RPM hard disk. Formatted to 8 GB. FATX file system.
Optional 8 MB memory card for saved game file transfer.
- Audio processor: NVIDIA "MCPX" (a.k.a. SoundStorm "NVAPU")
64 3D sound channels (up to 256 stereo voices)
HRTF Sensaura 3D enhancement
MIDI DLS2 Support
Monaural, Stereo, Dolby Surround, Dolby Digital Live 5.1, and DTS Surround (DVD movies only) audio output options
- Integrated 10/100BASE-TX wired ethernet
- DVD movie playback (Add-on required)
- A/V outputs: composite video, S-Video, component video, SCART, Digital Optical TOSLINK, and stereo RCA analog audio
- Resolutions: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i
- Controller ports: 4 proprietary USB 1.1 ports
- Weight: 3.86 kg (8.5 lb)
- Dimensions: 320 × 100 × 260 mm (12.5 × 4 × 10.5 in)
More info on the original xbox and alternative operating systems: [url removed, login to view]
More info on xbox live: [url removed, login to view]
**Please do not take this project for granted**
Will need to rewrite the game's code to disable gamer tags on the original xbox.