We want to have a lab and a production setup for a OCP / open compute project environment with network switches and open software. This targets the area Software defined networking along with network function virtualization
We search for an expert who can help us to identify which switch lab and production hardware to buy and how to setup like cumulus linux on the hardware.
Since we get often application/proposals of "experts" with no real hands on experience in the requested topic, please provide us:
- do you have a SLA based OCP software providers like Cumulus Network support option?
- if so which once?
- can you file queries easily also in our terms?
- how many OCP software (e.g. Cumulus Linux) setups have you done already?
- how many OCP switches (e.g. Cumulus Linux) do you have setup?
- Which OCP switch hardware did you use so far?
- what is your typical approach for redundancy on switch level and on port level?
- How many OCP switches (e.g. Cumulus Linux) switches do you operate (administrative responsible) still?
We are searching for someone to get started with our new OCP (ONIE/cumulus linux) in real environment.
Also we would like - if you like to - to have someone on the long run to take responsibility for the full switch in the future.
This first job is to support us on our decision, planning and setup of the new environment. So we expect this first steps are done in less than a month part time.
Our expertise is about 25y+ in IT business, so do not try to trick us, we will evict you forever from our acceptance list. Play honest and fair and we do also. Name us your real experience and we may still consider you if you play honest, even if you have some lack of skills.
Also we do not disclose any budgets or hourly rates we want to pay. Please place your best bid, also do not try to ask us for the budget, since we will not answer.