We need you to start working immediately on 2 projects (one our own, one our customer's). You will be working next to our lead backend developer who has set up the existing environment and has some experience in system administration.
You need to be good at:
- Linux/Unix and Docker (containers in general).
- Shell scripting
- Networking engineering, including DNS, firewalls, load balancers
- Fast learner, fast worker and always the fancy latest technology
- Good spoken/written English
- Working under the pressure
We do have our own Ubuntu server in MSI GT72S 6QE Dominator Pro laptop (i7-6820HK, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD for apps + 1TB external for storage). We have installed there Nginx, PHP and MySQL. We want to install there immediately these apps: our own custom built Laravel/Apiato/VueJS based ATS system, InvoiceNinja, GitLab, Jenkins, PMD and in future many more. We use it also for our customers as a development server.
As we do use some of our own apps in this server also as a production environment then we need to be secure if something happens with that laptop (burns down, internet goes down, whatever) so we do have another laptop in different location Dell Inspiron 17R 5720-8643 (i5-3210M, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD + 1TB external) that we want to sync with the one we have so in case the main laptop isn’t reachable the slower one can serve while we fix the main laptop. As the backup one is less powerful we can keep some apps not running on it (PMD, customer dev environments?).
We do use [login to view URL] to point the domain names to the correct IP as the IP on the servers’ locations might change each time the router is restarted.
So you need to suggest the best options to achieve our goal and then do the job:
1. Should we use virtualisation so that different apps work on different VPS? How much memory will that eat?
2. Should we use Docker or any other container for easier sync? What advantages Docker will give? How much memory will that eat? How much extra work or saving working time will that give?
3. Suggestions what else to do welcome. Is it ok at all to have the backup server that much weaker? Is it ok at all to have laptops as servers?
That will be your first job to quote and discuss first. Later you’ll need to also work on potential virtualization, better organization of multiple apps, how to optimise apps and the whole system for eating fewer resources and work faster, security etc. Also, work on our customers' projects, etc.
Được trao cho:
24 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình €14/giờ cho công việc này
Hey there, I'm a System Engineer with coding skills. I have been working with Linux/Unix-systems for years. I have the required skills and experience. I can help. Regards.
I am an experienced passionate devops engineer . have experience in devops for nearly 4 years . worked as a devops with apple , Trusting Social , Wipro and PTC . please inbox me