We are looking for experienced remote Business Development professionals to join our team to expand our footprint in the international markets. The ideal candidate will have some experience in timber, architecture, construction building supplies, furniture or related industries and a strong sales track record.
Our key criteria is as follows:
- Ability to conduct market research including competitor analysis, pricing information, identification of potential customers and market trends in international markets;
- Canvassing and making first contact with potential customers through various channels including phone, social media, email, etc;
- Experience in creating and adhering to sales forecasts;
- Ability to develop and deploy effective sales and marketing strategies to secure orders inline with mutually agreed KPIs;
- Regular reporting to HQ on market demands and trends, competitor pricing, customer feedback, and sales performance;
- Existing client base of timber buyers is desirable.
We have a permanent marketing and sales team based in Sarawak, Malaysia that can supply some leads, but you will be required to generate most of your own leads in your respective market.
We are a unique and sustainable underwater timber recovery operation based out of Sarawak, Malaysia on the island of Borneo. Our goal is to create a sustainable future by supplying ethically sourced hardwood timber to the world and end generations of deforestation by unscrupulous logging companies. We are currently the only high-volume, mechanised producer of this kind of timber in the world and our concession areas and supply of timber are constantly growing.
Please contact us with your proposed terms/working arrangements. We are looking for candidates that understand the timber markets in their respective areas or globally.