This is a mechanical and design task, it may require special skills in mechanics, math and thermodynamics.
What have to be done:
1. Create design of the product and get an acceptance.
2. Create a prototype device after the design acceptance.
- The device will be used for tests and will not be used by public users we may produce more for tests. The device and its design are the property of the customer (our property). The device may have design of any shape, which will fulfill all the characteristics and restrictions (see below). The device will have a rotating element - a steel rod.
The device must have the following characteristics:
- an element that rotates a steel rod
- rotation speed up to 200 000 rpm
- rod length 10-12 cm
- rod diameter 2 cm
- the core will be inductively heated to 1100 ° C (there must be contactless access to it in order to place it somehow in the center of the induction heating coil)
- the steel rod must be replaceable, it is a consumable item after tests
- the motor must be powered by a LiPo / LiFe battery
- device weight 2-3 kg without battery
- the device must work for at least 30 minutes without stopping, except for stops to replace the battery
- heat from the core (rod) should not heat any other structural elements by more than 80 °C
All elements, including, but not limited to, the motor, multipliers, bearings, frame, fasteners, beltc etc. must be available for purchase, or a drawing for each element must be attached.
Task acceptance format:
1. The device meets the requirements and characteristics
2. 3D model .CAD
3. Description of each item, or URL for purchase, or .CAD drawing and detailed description of materials used
4. Working prototype
Form of payment:
To be agreed.
Please provide brief about yourself.
22 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $32/giờ cho công việc này
I’m a maritime engineering with knowledge about thermodynamics, finite element analysis including thermal and structural systems dimensioning. I would like to join the task! I’m from Argentina