This is for a wifi connected battery operated device, which connects to the local wifi, sends messages when commanded by user to a server, which then sends push to apps. The device contains user selectable option to allow voice connection to the app.
Please respond point-by point on your capability and experience in aspects of this project.
- Design of a long-life battery operated pendant, containing:
* Embedded microcontroller with RF wifi
* Mic and speaker for voip
* Good robust connection to wifi
* Connects to local wifi when button is pressed
* sends a packet to server
* allows for short voice communication if the option is selected
* Has low battery, health check feature
* can be updated by the server automatically (only when user has pressed the button) through wifi by the
* Test and programming jig for the device when finished, for manufacturing
- Design a server to work with the pendant and the apps
* Server will also have a twillio plug-in to allow optional calls and texts to be sent to the app
* Server does billing for optional features
* robust security and up-time
- Design of apps
* app for apple and android
* more than one app can work with the same pendant
* the app allows the initiation and installation of the pendant for initial use and adding more pendants
* the app allows for optional features to be purchased
* the app notifies the phone holder of event at the pendant location
* if the option has been purchased, the app allows for speaking with the pendant.
* app allows for extra features purchased, such as texts and automated calls from twillio or similar plug-in
- Housing for the pendant
* pendant has a waterproof housing, ip-67
* best case, battery housing for a large enough battery to last many years without charging
When finished, the product must have robust, reliable operation, low parts count and low cost. The jig to program and automatically test the unit must support a simple printer for serial number and manufacturing information, test ok, etc.
After this project is done, another project is required for a commercial version, as well as continued service and management of the product requirements support.