Rider Android Device
This application is to provide a reliable service for our clients to make their food deliveries to the customers. Almost all the core functionalities are already developed and implemented in the android system. But, there are few more requirements due to miss use of the device.
The device is basically a mobile phone (Android 2.2 +) which is loaded with the delivery application as its default launcher application. The application will be loaded in device start up. Even after start up, we should not allow riders to use the general phone functionalities.
- The main goal of this task is to improve the security of the device so that riders won’t be able to access any other features in the phone except for SRD application.
- Add “Switch off the phone” and “Reset data connection” buttons to the application.
- Functionality of the power button should not be an affect to exit from the application.
- Home button and all the other physical buttons should be fully disabled.
- People who have admin privileges can access the general phone functionalities using a passcode. (Could be a key combination)
These are the assumptions you can make while you are doing the feasibility study and development.
- Device doesn’t have call functionalities at all (Incoming and outgoing)
- Device is not rooted
- The existing Application is just a sequence of Android activities (Extended with Activity class. So, you can just create an Activity as the existing application and try to develop the security features on it.)
- Network access layer is running in a separate thread and it won’t conflict with the UI thread.