This is a very simple game for the Android platform. The concept is inspired by "Defend Your Castle" which is a flash game available in the browser from several websites.
Please get a feel for the game from this video and Wikipedia page:
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
Please note we do not own, "Defend Your Castle", we simply wish to create a similar game for the Android platform.
The result of this project will be a basic playable framework for the game with all source code or IP owned by us, the client. The code should be well structured and extensible as it is our intention to build on the basic framework going forward. This framework should consist of:
- Wave-based game flow with an algorithm for an infinite number of levels, each progressively more difficult
- Ability to kill guys and slow guys with logs by throwing them in the air. Basic physics need to be applied to the movement and falling. Killing guys is rewarded by money.
- Option to save between each wave
- Option to upgrade castle and purchase buildings between each wave. One of each building type, unlimited castle upgrades so long as there are sufficient money
- Option to assign converted foes to roles (archers & wizards) during wave. Unlimited number of converted foes, and assigned converted foes.
- Background graphics
- Sprite graphics, unique animations and interactions for 3 types of enemy (guys, slow guys with logs, giants)
- Castle graphics, including buildings and upgrades
- 3 Castle Buildings (Temple, to allow conversion of foes to users units; Archery, to allow conversion of converted foes to archers; and Mana Pool, to allow conversion of converted foes to wizards, the more wizards, the more different spells can be cast and the faster the mana regenerates)
- 2 Different spells can be cast (Explosion, which kills all units in a specific area; and Flood, which slows units in a smaller area)
- The game should scale for multiple screen sizes
- The game should work on as many Android API levels as is reasonably possible
The resulting UI will only need to work horizontally. It needs two options, defined in the code, to have an advert placed at the bottom of the page, or no advert.
Please don't make assumptions. If in doubt, ask.
Note that although [url removed, login to view] defines this as a simple project (£20-£250) this is in GBP and equates to $30 ~ $420. Similar complexity Android games in USD are classified as very small projects, and receive bids in the region of $250, or £150. I hope the budget description doesn't put bidders off, I believe that someone who has built Android games before would find this quite a simple concept to put together.
- Home page where you can select to start a new game, load a previous game or configure settings
- Rudimentary sound effects which can be disabled on the home page, similar to original game