- I want to record music from iphone microphone and send the wav or mp3 file back to a pc through wifi, in small chunks. say every 3 seconds of recording
- you also need to write a simple pc receiving end software to receive the small chunks and store them as a series of files. e.g. [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] ......until the iphone app stop.
- the cat'ed file need to be smooth without lost. so the chopping should treat file like data file.
- we prefer a commad line exe for the receiving end
I need to be able to simply concat the small chunk files at the pc end for analysis by our .exe tool
- our .exe tool is a audio analysis tool. the reason why I take this approach is because our .exe tool cannot take pipeline input. but I want the .exe tool to act in a pipeline way. the .exe tool will detect existence of [url removed, login to view], once available, it will analysis xxxx0001.wav. if it found [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] available, then our tool can simply concat the 2 wav files by cat command prompt. then our .exe tool can analysis the joined file.
- our .exe tool will deposit 4 numbers in a txt file as analysis result. The 4 numbers will change over time by our .exe The iphone app need to get those 4 numbers repeatly (every 2-3 seconds) and show it on the iphone.
- the iphone display can be very simple, type the job number xxxx, select sample rate, sample size, mono or stereo. start, stop, and display 4 numbers.
- I am not sure if wav or mp3 files can be joined by simple command line cat.
- in fact, I wanted to do it on a iphone to web server instead of iphone to local wifi pc. But wav file maybe too large to submit to server through internet. or iphone cannot upload that fast? or 256kb/s 3G network is slow? or mp3 cannot be chopped and combine back without lost. I don't know. if upload in chunks of mp3, how do I join them together.
- will pay more for iphone to server solution if someone can do it.