First of all thank you for reading this post.
We currently have a On-Demand booking system which is similar to how Uber operates. Our apps is for the handyman industry.
Our system consists of a consumer app, provider app and an admin panel(web application). The problem we currently face is
that the app crashes alot and is not agile enough.
We just launch the app 3 months ago and there are real users utilizing our app. The number of users are low as we speak.
We have also gain user feedback and we want to make changes to the app. We're looking for a team to re-write the codes
as the previous devs did not code it well. We want to keep the current functions while tweaking somethings.
So the right team that is hired, will have to break up the current codes and re-write it.
Some important points :
1) Admin Panel is currently written on PHP. We'd like to change it to Python as it is more robust and agile.
2) The current system has got not much cyber security. Before you start with this project, we'd like to think of how to secure&protect sensitive user data eg;creditcard info, bank info, user address, account passwords.
3) On the app side, there are 4 apps in total : Customer (android&iOS) Provider (android&iOS)
4) The apps side needs to be re-written as well
5) The designs of the apps needs to be freshen up (not changed entirely but freshen up so that our users know that its the latest version)
6) We're thinking of adding a machine learning function into the app side of things to learn users behaviour and trends.
7) We currently operate in 1 city. However our long-term target is to operate in many different cities. So the architecture has to be scalable and be built keeping in mind that there will be 10 million downloads and more.
8) You'd also have to think of migration of current information into the new database.
We will also share the current set up, so that you can study and have a better understanding of what we're doing.
Ideally your team would consist of :
01 x ui/ux designer
01 x Android dev
01 x iOS dev
01 x python dev
Teams that displays the best communication and understanding of project along with competitive pricing will be selected.
Start of Project: 20 August 2018.
Dateline of Project : 20 November 2018
Timeframe :3 months
Launch into Playstore&appstore : 1st December 2018
We understand there could be bugs after the app is released, please also indicate the maintainence package that you
can offer on a monthly basis, after we've completed the package.
Also please indicate, if you're able to prepare a manual upon project completion. This is to facilitate our in-house devs
for future bug fixes.
You will be asked to answer the following questions when submitting a proposal:
Have you developed any on-demand or uber styled apps? If so, please send some links.
How big is your team? Who will be team leader? Who will be ui/ux designer? Send portfolio of ui/ux.
Are you open to preparing a manual of the codes that you write? So that future devs understand the structure.
Insurance companies would like to see legitimate steps taken to protect customer's sensitive data. How do you intend to incorporate cyber-security into the system?
Are you able to achieve a 3 month target deadline?