Company has developed an employee absence model in Excel which calculates the employee absence costs and how much companies can save with Company. The complex nature of the absence model means that it is not suitable to give to prospective clients in the Excel format.
The objective is therefore to replicate the absence model in a web format and make it simple enough for prospective clients to use. The web based absence model will also be the only version used by Company's sales teams when demonstrating this to prospective clients. The audience is predominately external and likely to be prospective clients.
Functionality of the absence model
The absence model is essentially a set of calculations based on a range of options selected by the client. Refer to the attached Excel document for the latest version of the absence model.
There will also be the need to host a small number of pages containing instructions or information on how to use the absence model.
1. Meet at least priority A of the W3C accessibility guidelines and ideally the majority of priority AA
2. Must be designed for IE and Firefox as a minimum
3. The calculations must be hidden so that external viewers cannot replicate the functionality on their sites
4. Only people who have registered will have access to the absence model
5. Some form of data capture and issuing of passwords / user id is required
6. The results of the absence model needs to be printable in a printer friendly way
7. There must be suitable error messages whenever a user inputs an incorrect or invalid data
8. Each element of the data fields of the absence model needs a corresponding help point to explain it purpose