Network simulator models the concept and behavior of network entities. Examples of recent network simulators are NS3, OPNET, OMNET, and QualNet. Network simulators allow the behavior and performance a network to be monitored and analyze without the present of the actual network.
In network simulators, the network is typically modeled with devices, connections and traffics. The most well-known network protocols performance parameters are: throughput, end-to-end delay, jitter, packet loss, packet delivery ratio and service recovery time.
This is an individual assignment. You are required to choose one (1) of the network protocols. By using one (1) of the recent network simulator; construct, simulate and evaluate the performance of the chosen protocol. You are allowed to use maximum three (3) parameters for the protocol performance evaluation.
This assignment should be written using scientific article template.
You can pick one of the following protocols to simulate and analyses its performance:
1. Application layer Protocols:
• Domain Name Service Protocol (DNS)
• Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP)
• Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
• File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
• Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)
• Post Office Protocol (POP)
• Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP)
2. Transportation Layer Protocols:
• Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
• User Datagram Protocol (UDP)
3. Network Layer Protocols:
• Internet Protocol (IP)
• Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
• Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
• Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
• Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
• Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
• Information Centric Networking (ICN)
4. Data Link Layer Protocols:
• 802.2: Logical Link Control (LLC)
• 802.3: Ethernet
• 802.4: Token bus
• 802.5: Token passing
• 802.11: Wireless LAN (WLAN) & Mesh (Wi-Fi certification)
• 802.15: Bluetooth
• 802.16: WiMax
- No plagiarism is allowed (with 15% matching acceptance rate)
- The maximum 10 pages , minimum 5 pages
1. The article and its references softcopy
2. The simulation model coding.
3. Video explaining the code step-by-step