Hi there, thanks for looking at my project.
I have a cgi script which allows users to log in to an account, and add/edit/delete records in a simple tab-delineated flat text database. The script recognizes records in a user's account because each record in the flat text database has the user account code as one of its fields.
About 48 hours ago, our server crashed in the middle of a cpanel update. Our host restored cpanel but I think that they may have accidentally upgraded some of the perl modules. The problem is that this script no longer seems to be able to understand the two databases it uses ... the database of user login info, and the database of vehicle records that users add/edit/delete.
Both databases are tab-delineated text flatfiles. The script no longer seems to understand them ... in particular, it seems as if it does not recognize end-of-lines.
To view the problem, go to [url removed, login to view] and log in as "cch", password "502sell". As you can see, it shows 0 records. The correct number should be 50+. Logging in with any other account name is even worse, the login is rejected. The only reason "cch" works is that it is the first line in the users database.
I have double-checked and verified that the databases themselves are not corrupted. Many other scripts on our site use the same databases, and they are all working correctly.
I have also removed all ' and " quotes from the databases. Until this problem happened, the script was able to deal with these with no problem. Now it is throwing error messages about them. I have removed them all, but it still doesn't work. Anyway, the script should be able to handle these as it did previously.
This one's urgent, so thank you for your help!
I have attached the script and databases themselves to this project so you can take a look.
Two important notes:
1.) This script ([url removed, login to view]) has many special functions so we're not shopping for a replacement for it ... just someone to analyze why it's not working and make the necessary minor adjustments.
2.) On our site, this script has a PHP "wrapper" that passes a cookie code into it. We have done some tests and do not believe that the wrapper is related to the problem. The problem is that the PERL script, as installed on our server, no longer seems to not understand the simple tab-delineated text databases.
This is an URGENT project, if you can fix the problem within 3 hours we will not only pay you, we will gladly make you our programmer of choice for many CGI projects in the future.