Our site displays houses that are listed under individual categories (each given a code, like house1, house2, etc.), that are then subcategorized (interiors leads to kitchen, den, exteriors which leads to pool, etc.), and also connected to specific keywords (like white kitchens, mansions, 60s style, colonial, etc).
We are trying to make the script more simplified and user-friendly, and would like modifications made to a CGI/Perl script we currently have in use ([url removed, login to view] - pro version). Demo versions and admin areas are available on site there to see what we're currently working with. You may have to test out individual functions on site to get an understanding of how it works and how modifications may need to be worked in. Additionally, we would like the following features included within the scripts:
1) The lightbox currently permits adding individual images, but we would ALSO like the ability to add entire categories (like the folders of specific houses) to a lightbox, with a sample image within the lightbox linking directly to the category/house OR individual image.
Ex. Lightbox1 contains house1, house2, and house1_pool2, sample images of all three are displayed. Clicking on any individual category option leads to the associated category folders. "house1_pool2", an individual image selection, would link to just that image. In the demo, you will notice the lightbox icon underneath images. We would additionally like a functional lightbox icon next to a specific category/house.
2) Search functionality is extremely limited. Keyword searches return individual images as keyword tagging is permitted on a per-image-basis only. All images in folders with a keyword in the name are also returned in search results. We would like the capability of assigning individual keywords to categories/houses, and have search results subsequently return appropriate categories/houses in a list or combined sample image/text list. Ideally, search results when clicked would open an expansion of the category/house as opposed to ONLY individual images that match search terms/entire folders with the keyword text in their names.
Ex. On the gallery demo, in the bottom-left corner there is a drop-down box for quick access to categories. Click "Users" for an example of how we would like search results returned, except with individual sample photos instead of "folder" icons (if possible). Additionally, clicking the "words" link opens common keywords. You'll notice clicking an individual keyword opens every image tagged with the keyword. We would rather have keywords return a list of our pre-selected, tagged categories and subcategories.
3) We would like separate pages for subcategories (like pools, kitchens) that contain sample images and house codes, clicking on either image or text links to the pre-existing related folders. The specific subcategory folders should be able to be keyworded and come up in search results as well. All of the keywording should tie in appropriately to the "common keywords list". See example above.
Ex: "Pools" subcategory opens to sample images/links to house1, house2, house3. Clicking individual houses goes to "pools" folder of said house. Searching for "pools" will open THIS pool subcategory folder, rather than every folder that has the word "pool" in it.
4) Updates should be able to be done expeditiously and ability to batch add and update keywording and categorization is necessary.
5) For individual houses, we would like to display a few photos of different areas of the house within the main folder. Separate breakdowns would be included in the folder (ex. interiors, exteriors, kitchens, etc) and can be clicked by users wanting to see more of a specific part of the house.
We may add modifications once we've chosen a bid, but this is generally what we need for now.