I am in the need of an Auto music tag editor that will require the following:
I will provide open source codes that will aid in the development of this program. Source codes I believe are written in C++ and Python.
1. File Loading:
o Launch Program, select Directory or File.
o Program will put untagged files in its “Uncleaned Files” section and leave alone clean/correct files as these will not be edited.
o Program will show user number of total files and percentage of clean library.
2. User Interface:
o User Interface will have a selection of buttons to choose from once directory is loaded:
1. Clean Files
2. Add Album Artwork
3. Remove Duplicates
4. Rename Filenames
o Once user selects what they want to do there will be a selection of options/settings to choose from and a Begin button.
o After user selects begin all work will be done in the background. User will be able to see song that is being worked on as well as percentage complete and time remaining.
3. Clean Files:
o Automatic, “fingerprint” based lookup:
1. Program will create Acoustic Fingerprints of all tracks; it doesn’t need any metadata such as artist or album to do this. Once created the fingerprint will always stay with that file, and be used to reference the online database to fill in missing or incorrect tagging. If there’s a match, program will download all the tags for that song.
o Automatic, metadata-based lookup:
1. Program will use second feature for songs not found using acoustic’d fingerprint, Program will use the tags that are already contained in the file to fetch other data from MusicBrainz database.
o Review work & Save:
1. Program will show edited tags and the ability for the user to check results.
2. Check all the files that are properly tagged and “Save” : only at this point the ID3 tags will be written inside the files.
3. After songs are edited program will Auto Correct songs to improve consistency within the music collection. Will compare values of metadata and automatically change to the most popular value. This will include not only misspellings but special characters and upper/lower casing. This will only be done for the Artist tag field. Example misspellings such as:
1. All American Rejects
3. The all american rejects
4. Add Album Artwork:
o After files have been matched to MusicBrainz database another feature of the program will enable the user too automatically assign cover art.
o Cover art will be deleted and replaced with new cover art either from [url removed, login to view] or other source.
o Program will embed the artwork into the actual music file, additional settings can be changed to save cover art in folder and renamed to whatever user specifies.
5. Find Duplicates:
o Program will identify duplicates using unique algorithms to identify different spellings throughout the ID3 tags. Program will mark the lowest quality and suggest that for deletion.
6. Rename filename:
o After program has fixed the song metadata the filename and directory structure MAY no longer matche the metadata. Program will take new artist and song name to rename the file or by user specified coding. Examples:
1. “artist”-“song name”.mp3
2. “song name”-“artist”.mp3
o Language Support: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norweigen, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish and any others.
o File Support: Mp4, M4a, M4p, Mp3, WMA, Flac and OggVorbis files.
o Unicode and Hidden Character: sometimes songs can contain non-displayable characters which mean the values are different but display the same content, program will be able to see these and delete them.
o ITunes: If iTunes is being used you can configure program to automatically sync changes made to the iTunes Library.
o Registration: This Program will need high end security to enable licensing.
o System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista and 7 as well as a Mac platform.