We will be requiring a new ecommerce website in a few months time designed for a computer hardware/software supplier.
The site must have the following elements.
1) A fully dynamic shopping cart able to adjust the pricing of computer builds in realtime and have a nice subtle floating basket.
2) A superb fresh techie type skin/layout i.e. no FrontPage look-alikes.
3) Integrate with our Barclays EPDQ merchant account (if you are unfamiliar with this I can provide details), as well as integrating with Paypal and finally the ability to pay by account for companies we give credit accounts to.
4) A short checkout system and the ability for customers to print their invoices (past and present) directly from their accounts (all customers must create a login account)
5) Each product must have a thumbnail gallery for multiple images and links to specification/help pages. Product options will also need links explaining their functionality.
6) A support section for downloading drivers etc as well as a searchable knowledge base/FAQ section.
7) The database should maintain our mailing lists/invoices/customer accounts etc but also it should be easy to export data from if required. We would prefer it if the database runs on SQL.
8) Very important – the site should be easy for us to add new products to and maintain, also be easy to expand upon with future ideas.
9) For speed of implementation and cost reasons it would be advantageous if you have a reliable core site already developed that can be altered to fit our requirements.
The above is the major portion of what we require. At present we are interested in a Non-Flash site.
To have a chance of winning this tender I will require the following:
1) The URL of a website(s) you have designed and implemented or a beta version of a site you have running that I can use.
2) A list of ideas (beyond ours) that you feel would make your website the one for us
We have our own dual Xeon 3GHz Server with 2GB Ram and 15000rpm SCSI drives for the site to run on so no hosting is required.
Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.
Many thanks to you all.