We are looking for a talented designer to put together a portal page for our customers. The page will bring all of our resources into one easy section.
The design should be fresh, clean and modern and fit loosely into the same style as our main site - [url removed, login to view]
When the customer visits the new page, they will be initially presented with a clean, fresh design that contains a sign in box, once they have signed in, they will be presented with a page with access to the numerous resources
THE FIRST PAGE
On the initial page, the customer will enter the username and password that they normally use for FTP and click login, on clicking login, the script will do a FTP login to check for authentication, if valid then access to the next page will be granted, if not then a error will be shown.
We already use this method to login to our billing script and so you could use the perl code from this for the new page. You will see [url removed, login to view] attached which gives a very rough non-graphical picture of the first page.
THE SECOND (main) PAGE
The second page will contain access to the following information. This information will be split into 2 sections, the first section is information that will be always present on the page, the second section contains links to information that will appear on the page on click, either through the include tag or through a cloned page etc.
* Welcome "customer name", this information will be pulled from the helpdesk database by authenticating using the username and password supplied on login and extracting the information from the database.
* Server Name (obtained as above)
* Server Status - We are running a script on the server that should be incorporated into the page
* Uptime Percentage - We have the code to show this on the page
* Outstanding Invoice Amount - (as welcome above)
* Control Panel Link - This would be a straight forward link to Cpanel
* Pay Invoice - A button that we will supply that links to our payment provider
NOT ALWAYS PRESENT
* FAQ/KB - We have this script setup and it should be accessible on click from the portal page
* Tutorials - As above
* Contact Details - A simple list of our details
* Submit/View Ticket - This will involve logging/viewing customer support tickets from the helpdesk, so you will need to authenticate with the helpdesk etc.
* Renewal Information - Just text information of how to renew etc.
The majority of the site will involve excellent website design, however some perl scripting will be required to import existing information from databases etc. Basically, you will be responsible for making the whole site fit together and it should be fully working on completion.