I have an interesting project for 3d modelers/renders out there. Here is the summary:
• We keep introducing new designs very frequently
• Sometimes, the new designs would be just a few changes to an existing design i.e. full sleeve changed to half sleeve
• And need to create various garments by keeping underlying design the same, but by applying different fabrics. Again all this virtually.
• These designs are women apparel
Now, what I am looking for: I would like these designs be realistic looking as if a model is wearing them (a very good looking and good structured virtual female model, not a real model). No physical garments would be available but only the design sketches (jpgs) and fabric pictures (again jpgs). There should be a clear 360 degree viewing capabilities of this models wearing the garments.
As part of this, it doesn't matter if photoshop is used or 3ds max or maya or any other software, as long as you can open the file in 3ds max and save the file to a particular format. I have plug ins for 3ds max only to save to this particular format.
This is going to be a highly repetitive process for every new design we introduce.
* new designs applied to a standard female body mesh
* Just make a few changes to the above design i.e. variations to the above design (These variations will also be provided by means of a sketch)
* Apply various fabrics to the same design
* All the above saved in a particular format by opening the file in 3ds max
I am looking for the expert freelancers out there to suggest the best way to accomplish the above. Though we will start out with 1 design initially, there are a lots of designs waiting. So, if things work out, this will turn out to be a long term engagement. In the initial stages, a lot of collaboration is going to be needed to work out the right and cost effective way of doing this.
Just to make sure you read this whole thing and understood (so that we both can effectively put our time to use), please mention how you think this can be accomplished in your message. By mentioning this approach, I understand you read and have thought thru it before responding. Without some mention of an approach, your messages/bids will be ignored. Again, this is to make sure a fruitful engagement and effective utilization of time on both ends. Feel free to ask if you need any clarifications.