We need a website system built for a new web-based business selling contemporary digital art prints. The site will be an online art competition where members can log in and submit their digital artwork for other members to view, rate and comment on.
IMPORTANT: We need the system developed in a modular way so we can build the final site using CSS and XHTML. We will take care of the design / layout build, therefore just require a raw system ready to be styled. We would require easy migration to a live server by using a configuration file similar to the 'Joomla!' system for example.
Relevant example site: [url removed, login to view]
- All artwork will first be approved by an admin and then those deemed good enough will be uploaded, so the admin section must hold artwork in a cue until approved.
- A neat voting system, maybe utilising AJAX. The voting process would be similar to [url removed, login to view] in that members would give a rating (between 1 and 5) and also be able to comment on the art.
- Each member would have a basic profile with details such as Interests etc. Also info about any artwork they have submitted/ bought or particularly liked would be displayed. Possibly a "favourites" type feature which tells them and updates them on the progress of a particular piece of artwork which they have chosen to "watch".
- Each approved submission would require 3 states that the admin can change:
1) "Live" (currently approved and being voted on - when checked and saved the image would be dynamically inserted into a page, along with the submission details + a thumbnail would feature on the homepage)
2) "Published" (A winning submission - a buy now link would appear: see below)
3) "Unsuccessful" (Not enough votes to deem publishing - archived)
- The site will be linked to an e-commerce site (developed by us), so a winning art submission would need to be able to be linked to the relevant url of the store, i.e, The admin/back End would need a function to select a radio button, called "Published", and a form field could then be filled with the store url which would result in a "Buy Now" button linking to the store.
Preferred programming language: PHP
Preferred database: MySQL
Design requirements: None
Client side integration: W3C Valid XHTML / CSS
I have tried to be as detailed as possible in order to get an accurate project estimate for this, but please message me any questions you may have.
Thanks for your time.